Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Horrible Way to Die to premiere at 2010 Toronto International Film Festival

Details on the Toronto International Film Festival website here.

Obviously this is a huge deal for us, and we're thrilled about it. I had a film at Toronto all the way back in 2004 with DEAD BIRDS and it was a fantastic experience. I should also note that DEAD BIRDS was a $1.5 million studio-bankrolled project, and even then we considered ourselves very lucky to get in. For a small, independent American film like A HORRIBLE WAY TO DIE to premiere at a major international festival like Toronto is a tremendous honor, and hopefully bodes well for our film in the future.

I'm so happy about this I don't even have anything sarcastic to say.

The section of TIFF that we have been programmed in is Vanguard, a section traditionally reserved for edgier fare. Last year, I saw ENTER THE VOID in this section, and as you can see from the TIFF press release, we'll be playing alongside films by Romain Gavras (who directed one of my favorite music videos ever, Justice's "Stress"), Sion Sono, Gregg Araki and Tetsuya Nakashima. This feels entirely appropriate to me.

We've also got some future screenings in the works, which I'll post on as details solidify.

-Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment