Saturday, October 2, 2010

AHWTD: upcoming screenings


So, if you live in Spain, Hawaii or Philadelphia, I've got some news that will hopefully stir you out of your depressed monotony induced by living in such wretched places. That's right: A Horrible Way to Die is coming to town!

First off, following our surprisingly successful, award-garnering U.S. premiere at Fantastic Fest, we will be hastily shuttling an HDCAM tape off to Spain for our European premiere at the Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia. A Horrible Way to Die is part of the "New Visions - Fiction" category, and screens on October 11th at 10 a.m. (I'm pretty sure I'm reading that right, although it seems odd) and October 12th at 11:15 p.m. Sitges is possibly the most highly regarded genre festival in the world right now, so we are honored to be part of their program. I, for one, study their schedule every year just to see what foreign films I need to be aware of. Unfortunately, none of us can make it to Spain for this premiere, but if you are there, please go, and let us know if our Spanish subtitles make any sense whatsoever.

Next up, we're showing at the Hawaii International Film Festival at 10 p.m. on Friday, October 15th as part of the "After Dark" section. We're not sure if any of us are going to be there yet because we literally just found out when this screening is fifteen minutes ago when I found it on the internet. So, um, maybe someone will be there, but probably not. Still, if you live in Hawaii, you should definitely attend this screening. What else are you going to do, admire the beauty of your natural environment? Boring!

I, for one, definitely will not be at the Hawaii screening because I will be in Philadelphia the next day for our screenings at the Philadelphia Film Festival. Interestingly, we are part of the "American Independents" section alongside Tiny Furniture, in which our star Amy Seimetz plays a supporting role, so for fun you could see both films and make believe that she is playing the same character. A Horrible Way to Die is showing in the Annenburg-Montgomery auditorium (I say that like I have any idea where it is) on Saturday, October 16th at 9:45 p.m. and Sunday, October 17th at 10:05 p.m. Right now, it looks like it's going to just be me representing the film there, but if anyone decides to join me I will update this post. Obviously, if you live in Philadelphia, you have no choice but to waken trembling from your Yuengling hangover to come see A Horrible Way to Die. To say that our east coast premiere will be the biggest event to take place in Philadelphia since the Mummers Parade is hardly an understatement. So come on out, see A Horrible Way to Die and say hello. If I'm feeling sturdy that day, I'll even let you punch me in the stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment